It's Girl Scout Cookie time, so every time we go to the grocery store my boys ask me to buy some. And I tell them I can make them cookies that are better...
So here are my version of Do-Si-Dos.
For the Cookie:
1/2 cup butter- soft
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter ( I used natural)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup oats
For the Filling:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 T softened butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 T whipping cream
1. Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add the vanilla and egg, beat well.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture. And stir well.
3. Stir in the oats.
4. Form dough into balls- a cookie scoop can help keep them more uniform. And place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. You can press them down to 1/4 in thickness if you want thinner, larger cookies or you can leave them as balls. They will flatten, but be smaller in diameter and thicker.
5. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
6. To make filling: cream together all ingredients. Place into a pastry bag or a ziplock bag with the corner cut off. Place filling on one cookie and top with a second cookie to form sandwiches.