Thursday, April 14, 2011

Whole Wheat Crepes with Strawberries

My family and I went over to the strawberry patch across the street from us yesterday and picked the first early berries of the season. My very favorite thing to eat with strawberries is crepes. So that is what I made for dinner yesterday.



Whole Wheat Crepes

1 cup whole white wheat flour
2 eggs
1 cup milk (+ more if needed to thin the batter)
1 tsp sugar
2 T melted coconut oil (or butter)

Whisk together the milk and eggs. While whisking add in the coconut oil. Add sugar and flour and milk until smooth.

Heat a skillet to medium. Lift the pan from the heat and pour in 1/4 cup batter and tilt in a circular motion to coat the pan. Cook for a couple minutes and carefully flop and cook the other side briefly.


Add your filling- ours was strawberry, maple syrup and coconut. Roll it up and enjoy. I served scrambled eggs along with the crepes- courtesy of the backyard chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment