Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pineapple Cocount Cake


4 layer Pineapple Coconut Cake


I am looking for a fluffy coconut cake to make for Easter this year and today I tried a recipe for a Pineapple-Coconut Cake. The cake itself is okay, a little to dense for what I was after. I wanted a much lighter, fluffier cake.


It is topped with a fluffy, flour based frosting that I have been meaning to try for a long time and never got around to it. Once topped with frosting, coconut and a couple dried pineapple pieces the cake tasted pretty good!

It's a small cake actually, two 6-in rounds cut in half to make 4 layers.


the rest of the batter went to making 24 cupcakes to share at a meeting tonight.


If you want to try the original recipe you can find it here. I think I will make it again, but this time doctor my own fluffy white cake recipe to include the pineapple and juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment