Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cadbury Creme Egg Inspired Cupcakes

My Mother-in-Law gave me this contraption for Christmas this year. It's supposed to make baking filled cupcakes easier.

So today I decided to try it out using one of my favorite Easter Candies as inspiration. The Cadbury Creme Egg. I don't eat them anymore due to not eating some of the ingredients, but I loved them as a kid.

Step 1: BAKE

use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. I use one similar to this one.

Step 2: FILL

I was going for a gooey creme filling like the candy. The closest thing I could think of to that consistency was condensed milk. So I mixed half a can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 T of softened butter and powdered sugar until it reached the right consistency. I tinted some yellow for the yolk.



Step 3: TOP

I used a chocolate cream cheese frosting since it isn't quite as sweet as others. You could use butter cream if you wanted to though.


Step 4: EAT

Here's the inside.


Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment